Friday, October 2, 2009

This was a breadth assignment in my 2d portolfio class. It was based on the perspective technique of foreshortening. I think I am going to change it up a bit and put color in the rest of the background.
This is a painting I have recently done. The colors and shapes are significant to me. They describe how my relationships with people and go but leave a lasting impression. It is pretty big- I think around 5'x3'. I might want to make my concentration for AP 2d design based on these ideas.






These two pieces are part of a portfolio I am submitting to NFAA young arts foundation scholarship. The portfolio is called "Smash". It is about the masks we all wear every day-in a literal sense, (make-up, hair styles, clothing) and in metaphorical sense (The acts and faces we put on every day to be socially acceptable).

More pieces to come!











3 comments:

  1. i love your work you are so smart/talented

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Marissa,
    I especially love your "Smash" portfolio works. I think you should do a TON more of these type of works. I think it turns out so interesting, the way you create these pieces by using your face as a sort of "stencil" to create a mask. It's really interesting, and they turn out really beautiful.
    - Flavs

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I first looked over your works here, they seemed unrelated to me but now that I look at them again I really like your use of bold color and statements and it really ties the pieces together nicely. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete